The SBG7600AC2 gateway's IP address is used for accessing the Web Manager, and the DHCP server assigns private IP addresses (192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.254) to client devices in the home network. The gateway's IP address can be customized to match the previous IP address scheme of the home network. When the gateway IP address is changed, the DHCP server assigns the new private IP addresses to the client devices in the home network. The default IP address of the SBG7600AC2 is 192.168.0.1. This document describes how to change the Gateway's IP Address.
Change Gateway's IP Address
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the User Name field.
- Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: When using the default password to login, it may be required to set a unique password to proceed to the Web Manager. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18386 – SBG7600AC2: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Apply button. The System Basic Setup page will appear.
- On the System Basic Setup page, click the LAN Setup link on the top menu. The LAN Settings page will appear.
- On the LAN Settings page, enter an IP address in the IP Address field. The last number set to 1 (192.168.8.1). In this example, 192.168.8.1 is used.
NOTE: The gateway IP address must be a private IP address within the following ranges.
- 10.0.0.1 - 10.254.254.1
- 172.16.0.1 - 172.31.254.1
- 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.254.1
- For the Subnet Mask field, leave at default 255.255.255.0.
- Leave the Enable DHCP Server option checked.
NOTE: The Start IP Address and End IP Address fields specify the range of IP addresses the DHCP Server assigns to the client devices in the home network. The first 3 sets of numbers (192.168.8.x) must match the gateway’s IP Address. Enter 2 as the last number for Start IP Address (192.168.8.2) and enter 254 for End IP Address (192.168.8.254).
- Enter the start IP address in the Start IP Address field.
- Enter the last IP address in the End IP Address field.
- Click the Apply button. The system pop-up window will appear.
- On the system pop-up window, click the OK button. The Gateway will restart and the new IP address will take into effect.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter new address into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear. In this example the new address is http://192.168.8.1.