The McAfee SHP (Secure Home Platform) provides notifications for security events on the network. These notifications provide the administrator the ability to manage Internet security in real time. This document covers the following sections:
Viewing Notifications in the McAfee SHP App
Options for Notifications
Configuring McAfee SHP Notifications in iOSViewing Notifications in the McAfee SHP App
Options for Notifications
- Tap the McAfee SHP icon to launch the app. The Home screen will appear.
- On the Home screen, the most recent notification will appear near the top. A number will appear next to Notifications, showing how many notifications are pending. To view additional notifications, tap on Notifications.
- All notifications can be viewed on the Notifications screen. Notifications available are:
- Requests to access sites blocked by Parental Controls.
- New devices connected to the network.
- Internet is paused.
Notifications have several different options, depending on the type of notification.
Configuring McAfee SHP Notifications in iOS
- Notifications of attempts to access blocked sites give the option to Deny or Allow. Choosing Deny or Allow permanently stores the action for future attempts.
- Notifications of new devices connected to the network give the option to Dismiss or Show. Tapping on Show will open the Devices screen, where the device can be identified.
- Notifications of paused Internet give the option to Ignore or Unpause. Ignore will keep the Internet access paused, while Unpause will resume Internet access.
- Notifications can be deleted if no action is to be taken. On the Notifications screen, swipe left on the notification to reveal the Delete option, and then tap on Delete.
- Once an option for a notification has been selected, the notification will disappear from the list. Once all notifications have been interacted with, the Notifications screen will display a message stating "You're all caught up!"
Notifications can be displayed from iOS when on the lock screen or when viewing any other screen. By default, all McAfee SHP notifications are enabled in iOS. How notifications are displayed can be customized, or notifications in iOS can be turned off.
- From the iOS main screen, tap on the Settings icon.
- On the Settings screen, swipe up until Secure Internet is viewable. Tap on Secure Internet.
- On the Settings - Secure Internet page, tap on Notifications.
- To disable iOS notifications, slide the switch for Allow Notifications to the left.
- To customize where notifications appear, select the appropriate options.
- To customize the style of the notifications, select the style at the bottom.