English | Español | Français | Português
To ensure you use this product safely, please read all the safety information included on this page.
This digital adapter has been manufactured and tested with your safety in mind. However, improper use can result in potential electric shock, property damage or fire hazards. To avoid defeating the safeguards that have been built into your digital adapter, please observe the precautions discussed on this page.
WARNINGS ON THE POWER SUPPLY UNIT
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within a triangle, is intended to alert you to the presence of uninsulated “dangerous” voltages within the power supply unit’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point within a triangle is intended to alert you to the presence of important instructions in the literature accompanying your set-top.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Before you install or use the apparatus, you must read and understand these Important Safety Instructions. At all times when using the apparatus you must follow these Important Safety Instructions to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
CONNECTING TO THE AC POWER SUPPLY
You must not plug your digital adapter into the power supply until you have connected your digital adapter to the other equipment in your system.
Your digital adapter itself is designed for use only with the supplied power supply unit.
On the power supply unit there is a label that specifies the correct AC power supply input for it. Do not connect the power supply unit to any supply other than this.
Always connect the DC cord from the power supply unit to your digital adapter before you insert the power supply unit into the wall socket-outlet. To disconnect power from your digital adapter, always remove the power supply unit from the wall socket-outlet (i.e. not by removing the DC cord from your digital adapter).
Therefore you must install your digital adapter near to the wall socket-outlet, which should be easily accessible.
If you are in any doubt about the power supply cord, its plug, or connection, or are not certain that the electrical outlets you are using are properly wired and grounded, consult a qualified electrician before proceeding any further.
To avoid possible damage to your digital adapter or to a connected TV or component, all AC power cords must be plugged into properly wired outlets. As with all electrical products, connection to faulty or defective components, or the failure to connect your digital adapter to a properly wired outlet, may cause sparking, property damage or damage to any TV or other component connected to your digital adapter and pose a fire hazard.
Risk of fire or scorching
Never place naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, on or adjacent to your digital adapter.
The operating temperature range of your digital adapter is 32-104°F. If the ambient temperature around your digital adapter falls outside this range, you must correct this in order for your digital adapter to work correctly and safely. For example, if the temperature is too high, switch on the air conditioning.
Slots and openings in the casing of your digital adapter are provided for ventilation, to ensure reliable operation of your digital adapter and to protect it from overheating.
- Never block the ventilation openings by placing your digital adapter on a bed, sofa, rug or other similar surface.
- Never cover the ventilation openings with items such as newspapers, table-cloths or curtains.
Do not remove the cover of your digital adapter. There are no user-serviceable parts inside it. Removing, or attempting to remove, the top cover of your digital adapter will invalidate the warranty.
Do not perform any servicing unless you are qualified to do so by Pace. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing the digital adapter yourself will invalidate the warranty.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this digital adapter to rain or moisture.
- Do not attempt to modify your digital adapter without written authorization from the manufacturer. Unauthorized modification could void your authority to operate your digital adapter.
- Failure to heed the Safety Information provided by failing to connect to a properly wired outlet may void the manufacturer’s warranty.