When the SBG7580-AC is associated with the McAfee
® Secure Home Internet (SHI) app, an admin account is created. If a new admin account is to be associated with the gateway, or the McAfee
® SHI app is no longer used, the admin account will need to be removed from the gateway. The Factory Reset feature in the SHI app will remove the admin account from the SHI app and gateway. The factory reset with the reset button on the gateway will also remove the admin account and should be used as a last resort. Performing a Factory Reset will erase any custom configuration changes that have been made. Once the admin account is removed, a new account or the existing account can be associated with the gateway. This document contains the following sections:
Remove SHI Account With SHI App
Remove SHI Account With Reset Button
- Tap the McAfee® SHI icon to launch the app. The Home screen will appear.
- On the Home screen, tap on the menu icon, or swipe left. The Welcome screen will appear.
- On the Welcome screen, tap on Help. The Help screen will appear.
- On the Help screen, tap on Factory reset. The Factory Reset pop-up will appear.
- On the Factory Reset pop-up, tap on Proceed. The Are you sure? screen will appear.
- On the Router is resetting screen, tap Done. The McAfee® SHI login page will appear.
- To reconfigure, reboot the ARRIS Wi-Fi product, then enter the registered email address.
CAUTION: This process will clear all configurations on the SBG7580-AC and should be use as a last resort. Performing a Factory Reset will erase any custom configuration changes that have been made and will require the gateway to be reconfigured.
- Carefully insert the tip of a pen or the end of an unwound paperclip into the reset button.
- Press and hold down the Reset button for 10 seconds and then release it.
NOTE: To associate the SBG7580-AC with a McAfee® SHI admin account, please refer to the following articles:
17268 - McAfee® SHI (Android): Admin Account Setup
17276 - McAfee® SHI (iOS): Admin Account Setup