The S33 generates a running log of time and events detected during cable modem operation. This information is used by cable Internet service technician to diagnose any problems that may occur with the modem. The System Event Log displays the current status of the cable modem in chronological order. The three types of field descriptions are:
This document describes how to access the System Event Log page in the S33.Access System Event Log
- Date/Time - Indicates the date and time the event occurred.
- Event Level - Indicates the level of importance of the event.
- Description - Provides a brief definition of the event.
NOTE: If the S33 is connected to a router, it is recommended to disconnect the router and connect the S33 directly to a computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter a customized password or the default admin password in the Password field.
NOTE: If this is the first time login to the Web Manager, the default password could be password or the last 8-digit of the serial number. It is required to set a unique password to proceed to the Web Manager. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18552 – S33: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Apply button. The Product Registration window will appear.
- The Product Registration window includes information about enhanced product support, product warranty registration, and promotional offers from ARRIS.
- Click the Register button to take a few minutes to register the product. For assistance with product registration refer to article # 18558 - S33: Product Registration. When the product is registered the product registration window will not appear during the next login.
- Click the Ask me later button to by pass the product registration window. The product registration window will appear during the next login.
- Click the Stop asking button to stop the product registration window from appearing the next login.
- Click the Event Log link on the top menu. The Event Log page will appear.
- The Event Log page will display the events that the S33 has detected.