In some cases, the SB6121 cable modem may need to be reset to its factory default state, and clear all of the previous settings. Resetting the SB6121 to its factory default configuration will remove all stored parameters learned by the SB6121 during prior initializations. The SB6121 can be reset to the factory default configuration using the web interface.
NOTE: The initalization process may take 5 to 30 minutes.
Resetting the SB6121
- Disconnect the coaxial cable.
- Power cycle the unit by disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds, then reconnect the power cord.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box. The Status page will appear.
- Click the Configuration link on top. The Configuraton page will appear.
- Click the Reset All Defaults button (as shown below).
NOTE: If the Reset All Defaults button is not present, disconnect the coaxial cable and then power cycle the modem. After the modem is rebooted repeat step 1 -2 and the Reset All Default button is present.
- When asked, Do you want to proceed?, click the OK button.
- Connect the coaxial cable to the modem.
NOTE: The initialization process may take 5 to 30 minutes.