In some cases the SB6183 modem may need to be reset to its factory default state, and clear all of the previous settings. The modem can be reset back to the factory default by logging in the GUI (Graphical User Interface). This document describes how to reset the SB6183 to factory defaults within the GUI.
CAUTION: This process will clear all configurations and should be used as the last resort. Performing a Factory Reset will erase any configuration changes that have been made and requires the modem to be reprovisioned for Internet access.
NOTE: Resetting the cable modem may take 5 to 30 minutes.
Factory Reset in the GUI
- Disconnect the coaxial cable.
- Power cycle the unit by disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds, then reconnect the power cord.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box. The Status page will appear.
- Click the Configuration link on the top menu. The Configuration page will appear.
- Click the Restore Factory Defaults button (as shown below).
NOTE: If the Restore Factory Defaults button is not present, disconnect the coaxial cable and then power cycle the modem. After the modem is rebooted repeat step 1 -2 and the Restore Factory Defaults button is present.
- When asked, Do you want to proceed?, click the OK button.
- Connect the coaxial cable to the modem.
NOTE: The initialization process may take 5 to 30 minutes.