The SB6183 Cable Modem has a Graphical User Interface (GUI) menu which includes modem statistics, current connection status, and system logs. This document describes how to access the GUI.
Accessing the GUI
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box. The Status page appears.
Here is a brief description of each page in the SB6183 menu:
- Status - Provides information about the startup process of the Cable Modem.
- Product Information - Provides information about the current state and status of different cable modem elements.
- Event Log - Provides diagnostic messages generated by the Cable Modem, which is intended for use by a qualified technician.
- Addresses - Provides information about the network connection between the Cable Modem and the computer. Also provides details
about the connection between the Cable Modem and the cable company's computer systems.
- Configuration - Provides information about the frequency the Cable Modem connects at.
- Help - Provides information on how to troubleshoot the Cable Modem.