In some cases the SB6190 modem may need to be reset to its factory default state, and clear all of the previous settings. The modem can be reset back to the factory default by pressing the reset button or logging into the web manager. This document describes how to reset the SB6190 to factory defaults by pressing reset button or in the Web Manager.
CAUTION: This process will clear all configurations and should be used as the last resort. Performing a Factory Reset will erase any configuration changes that have been made and requires the modem to be reprovisioned for Internet access.
Factory Rest With the Reset Button
Factory Reset in the Web Manager
- Carefully insert the tip of a pen or the end of an unwound paperclip into the reset button.
- Press and hold down the Reset button for 15 seconds and then release it or until the front panel LEDs flash.
- Disconnect the coaxial cable.
- Power cycle the unit by disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds, then reconnect the power cord.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box. The Status page will appear.
NOTE 1: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
NOTE 2: A login page may appear to access the Web Manager. Enter the default username admin in the Username field and enter the default password password or customized password in the Password field. For additional information, refer to article # 16148 – SB6190 Web Manager Access.
- Click the Configuration link on the top menu. The Configuration page will appear.
- On the Configuration page, click the Restore Factory Defaults button (as shown below).
- When asked, Do you want to proceed?, click the OK button.
- Connect the coaxial cable to the modem.
NOTE: The initialization process may take 5 to 30 minutes.