The Logs display the current status of the modem in chronological order, that are used by the cable modem technician. There are three types of field description:
This document describes how to view the System Event Logs.
- Time - Indicates the date and time the incident occurred.
- Priority - Indicates the level of importance of the error.
- Description - Provides a brief definition of the error.
To View the System Event Logs
NOTE: If the SB6190 is connected to a router, it is recommended to disconnect the router and connect the SB6190 directly to a computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box. The Status page will appear.
NOTE 1: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
NOTE 2: A login page may appear to access the Web Manager. Enter the default username admin in the Username field and enter the default password password or customized password in the Password field. For additional information, refer to article # 16148 – SB6190 Web Manager Access.
- Click the Events Log link on the top menu. The Event Log page will appear.