The Link Aggregation feature, available on firmware version 200.174F and later, combines two wired connections between the SB8200 and Link Aggregation capable router to achieve Internet speed up to 2 Gbps. It also provides redundancy in case one of the wired connection fails.Requirements:
CAUTION: Performance is degraded on client devices when Link Aggregation is enabled only on the SB8200. Link Aggregation must be enabled on both the SB8200 and Wi-Fi router to function.
- Greater than 1 Gigabit Internet Plan
- 2 Ethernet connections
- Enable Link Aggregation in the SB8200
- Enable Link Aggregation in the Wi-Fi router
This document contains the following sections:
Ethernet Installation for Link Aggregation
Enable Link Aggregation
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the WAN Ethernet port on the Wi-Fi router and to Ethernet port 1 on the back of the SB8200 cable modem.
- Connect a second Ethernet cable to the Link Aggregation Ethernet port on the Wi-Fi router and to Ethernet port 2 on the back of the SB8200 cable modem.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box and press the Enter key. The Connection page will appear.
NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- Click the Advanced link on the main menu. The Link Aggregation Configuration page will appear.
- Check mark the Enable LAG box, then click the Apply/Save button. The pop-up box will appear.
- Click the OK button to reboot the SB8200.
- Enable Link Aggregation on the Wi-Fi router.