The serial number can be located on the bottom panel of the unit and in the Web Manager of the SB8200. This document includes the following sections:
To Locate the Serial Number on the Bottom Panel
The serial number can be located on a white sticker on the bottom of the device labeled as S/N.
To Locate the Serial Number in the Web Manager
NOTE: If the SB8200 is connected to a router, it is recommended to disconnect the router and connect the SB8200 directly to a computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE 1: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
NOTE 2: The admin login is not available on firmware version prior to 1.01.009.47 and the Connection page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter the SB8200 last 8 digit of the serial number located on the bottom white sticker in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The Connection page will appear.
- Click the Product Information link on the main menu. The Product Information page will appear.
- On the Product Information page, the serial number is shown below as green.