The SB8200 generates a running log of the time and events or activities that it detects during the cable modem operation. This information maybe useful to help diagnose and correct any problems that may occur with the cable modem. The System Event Log displays the current status of the cable modem in chronological order. There are three types of field description:
This document describes how to access the System Event Log page in the SB8200.
- Time - Indicates the date and time the incident occurred.
- Priority - Indicates the level of importance of the error.
- Description - Provides a brief definition of the error.
To View the System Event Log
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box and press the Enter key. The Status page will appear.
NOTE 1: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
NOTE 2: A login page may appear to access the Web Manager. Enter the default username admin in the Username field and enter the SB8200 last 8 digit of the serial number or customized password in the Password field. For additional information, refer to article # 16925 – SB8200: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Event Log link on the main menu. The Event Log page will appear.
- The Event Log page will display the events that the SB8200 has detected.