The SB8200 generates a running log of the time and events or activities that it detects during the cable modem operation. This information maybe useful to help diagnose and correct any problems that may occur with the cable modem. The System Event Log displays the current status of the cable modem in chronological order. There are three types of field description:
This document describes how to access the System Event Log page in the SB8200.
- Time - Indicates the date and time the incident occurred.
- Priority - Indicates the level of importance of the error.
- Description - Provides a brief definition of the error.
To View the System Event Log
NOTE: If the SB8200 is connected to a router, it is recommended to disconnect the router and connect the SB8200 directly to a computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE 1: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
NOTE 2: The admin login is not available on firmware version prior to 1.01.009.47 and the Connection page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter the SB8200 last 8 digit of the serial number located on the bottom white sticker in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The Connection page will appear.
- Click the Event Log link on the main menu. The Event Log page will appear.
- The Event Log page will display the events that the SB8200 has detected.