The Web Manager is used to monitor the network configuration settings and operational status of the SB8200 cable modem. The default login credentials is admin (username) and the default password is password or last 8 digit of the serial number. The serial number is printed on the bottom label of the SB8200. This document contains the following sections:
Retrieve the Last 8 Digit of the S/N on the Label
Web Manager Access
- Turn the SB8200 over with the bottom facing up to view the label.
- Locate the last 8 digit of the S/N.
NOTE: If the SB8200 is connected to a router, it is recommended to disconnect the router and connect the SB8200 directly to a computer with an Ethernet cable.
The following are descriptions for each page in the SB8200 menu:
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE 1: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
NOTE 2: The admin login is not available on firmware version prior to 1.01.009.47 and the Connection page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password or the last 8 digit of the serial number in the Password field then click the Login button. The Connection page will appear.
- Status - Provides the current operational status of the cable modem.
- Product Information - Provides the current hardware and software-related information for the cable modem.
- Event Log - Displays a listing of the time and actual events as they occur and are detected by the cable modem. This information may be useful to help diagnose and correct any problems that may occur with the cable modem.
- Addresses - Provides the serial number and MAC addresses for the cable modem and computers connected on the home network.
- Configuration - Provides the network connection frequency and channel ID information for the cable modem.
- Help - Provides a brief description for each screen option and general troubleshooting tips.
Failed Login AttemptsThe following message appears when the incorrect password is used for login. "Access has timed out due to invalid login attempts, Please try again after 5 min".
- Enter the correct username and password to login.
- When the login attempts continue to fail, factory reset the SB8200 to login with the admin (username) and the last 8 digit of the S/N printed on the bottom white label (password). For assistance with factory reset, refer to article # 16931 - SB8200: Factory Reset.