In some cases, the SBG6400 gateway may need to be reset to its factory default state and clear all of the previous settings. If the login for the Web Manager is u
nsuccessful, the only option is to perform factory reset. The Factory reset can be performed by pressing the reset button or in the Web Manager. This document describes how to reset the SBG6400 to factory defaults by pressing the reset button or in the Web Manager.
CAUTION: This process will clear all configurations and should be use as the last resort. Performing a Factory Reset will erase any configuration changes that have been made and requires the gateway to be reconfigured for Internet access.
Factory Reset With The Reset Button
- Carefully insert the tip of a pen or an unwound paperclip into the reset button.
- Press and hold down the Reset button for 15 seconds and then release it.
NOTE: To assure that the gateway factory defaults hold the reset button for 15 seconds. The top 4 LEDs will blink and the 2nd and 3rd will turn blue.
Factory Reset in the Web Manager
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin or a customized username in the Username field.
- Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: On later versions of the SBG6400, the Wi-Fi Security Key is used as the default admin password printed on the bottom while label. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18730 – SBG6400: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Status on the top menu, and click the Security link from drop-down submenu. The Status - Security page will appear.
- On the Status - Security page:
a. Restore Factory Defaults - Select Yes, to factory default the gateway.
b. Click the Apply button. The Message from webpage box appears.
- On the Message from webpage box, click the OK button.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Status on the top menu, and click the Configuration link from the drop-down submenu. The Status - Configuration page appears.
- On the Status - Configuration page, click the Reboot button.