The SBG6580-2 default Wi-Fi credentials, wireless name and security password, are listed on a sticker on the back of the device. The wireless name, also known as SSID (Service Set Identification), is used to uniquely identify the wireless network. The wireless key, also known as the wireless security key, encryption key or passphrase, is a password which allows wireless clients, such as smart phones and laptops, to join the secured wireless network. This document describes changing the default wireless name and password using the Quick Start Wizard in the SBG6580-2.
To Change the Default Wi-Fi Name and Password
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
- On the Home page, click the Launch Quick Start Wizard link. The Quick Start Wizard begins.
- Click the Next button on Welcome page.
- On Wi-Fi Network Name & Passphrase page, enter a new wireless network name in the Network Name (SSID) field. The name needs to be 1 to 32 alphanumeric characters long.
- Enter a new wireless password in the Passphrase field. The passphrase needs to be 8 to 64 chracters long.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Next button on the Wi-Fi Security Configuration page.
- Click the Next button on the User Security Configuration page.
NOTE: It is not required to change the admin username and password in order to change the default Wi-Fi credentials. It is recommended to change the default admin login credentials; check mark the option to make changes.
- Review the Wi-Fi credentials on the Review Settings page. Then click the Apply button to save the settings.
NOTE: It may take up to one minute to save.
- On the Setting Applied page, write down or press the Print button to save the new Wi-Fi credentials. Click the Exit button when finish.