The SBG6580-2 supports the usage of Dynamic Domain Name System (DDNS). DDNS service provides users with the ability to access the SBG6580-2 or other devices, such as a web server or video cameras, in a home network using a friendly name from various locations over the Internet. This document describes how to setup Dynamic DNS.
- DDNS service provider subscribed to.
- DDNS Account username, password and DDNS host name.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin or a customized username in the Username field.
- Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: On later versions of the SBG6580-2, the Wi-Fi Security Key is used as the default admin password printed on the bottom while label. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18752 – SBG6580-2: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Basic on the main menu, and click the DDNS link on the sub-menu. The Basic - DDNS page will appear.
- On the Basic - DDNS page, click the DDNS Service drop-down menu and select Enabled.
- Enter the DDNS Service Provider in the DDNS Provider field.
NOTE: In the example www.DynDNS.org service was entered.
- Enter the DDNS username in Username field.
- Enter the DDNS password in the Password field.
- Enter the DDNS Host Name in the Host Name field.
- Click the Apply button.