The SBG6580-2 default Wi-Fi credentials, wireless name and security password, are listed on a sticker on the back of the device. The wireless name, also known as SSID (Service Set Identification), is a uniquely identified wireless network. The wireless password, also known as the wireless security key, encryption key or passphrase, allows wireless clients, such as smart phones and laptops, to join the secured wireless network. If the Wi-Fi Name and password are changed, they can be retrieved by logging into the Web Manager of the SBG6580-2.
This document contains the following sections:
Wi-Fi Name and Password on the SBG6580-2
Wi-Fi Name and Password in the Web Manager
- Turn the gateway over with the bottom facing up.
- Locate the Wi-Fi name next to SSID and the Wi-Fi password next to Wi-Fi SECURITY KEY.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Wireless on the main menu and click the Primary Network Settings link on the sub-menu. The Wireless - Primary Network Settings page will appear.
- Locate the Wi-Fi Name next to Network Name (SSID) and the Wi-Fi password next to Passphrase.
NOTE: It is recommended to write down the Wi-Fi information on a piece of paper for future reference.