The SBG6580 includes an advanced IP Filtering option to define which local devices will be denied access to the Wide Area Network (WAN). IP address filters will need to be configured to block Internet traffic to specific network devices on the Local Area Network (LAN) by entering the starting and ending IP addresses range. IP Filtering is not enabled by default. This document describes how to enable and configure IP Filtering.
To Configure IP Filtering
Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box.
NOTE: By default the LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1. If the default address has been changed, enter the custom address in the address box.
- Enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter motorola in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The Status Connection page appears.
- Click the Advanced link on top of the screen. The Advanced Options page appears.
- Click the IP Filtering link on the left hand column. The Advanced IP Filtering page appears.
- On the Advanced IP Filtering page:
a. Enter the Start Address of the range, which would be denied of access to the SBG6580 WAN.
b. Enter the End Address of the range, which would be denied of access to the SBG6580 WAN.
NOTE: Only the LSB (least-significant byte) of the IP address will need to be entered. The upper bytes of the IP address are set automatically from the SBG6580 Configuration Manager's IP address.
c. Checkmark the Enabled option to activate the filter.
NOTE: The maximum number of IP Filter ranges can be configured is 10.
- Click the Apply button to save changes.