Trusted Computers feature allows users to bypass the Parental Control Login screen by associating a Parental Control User to a specific computer's MAC address. The particular machine will be bounded with the Parental Control policy that may applied to the user, but are not required to login to Parental Control. Parental Control is not enabled by default. This document describes how to setup a Parental Control Trusted Computer.
To Configure Trusted Computers
Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box.
NOTE: By default the LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1. If the default address has been changed, enter the custom address in the address box.
- Enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter motorola in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The Status Connection page appears.
- Click the Parental Control link on top of the screen. The Parental Control Basic Setup page appears.
- Click the User Setup link on the left hand column. The Parental Control User Setup page appears.
- Below User Settings, select a User from the drop down tab.
- Under the Trusted Computers section, enter the MAC Address of the computer to bypass the Parental Control login.
- Click the Add button when done entering the device's MAC address.
NOTE: To remove a Trusted Computer, select the MAC address and click the Remove button.
To Enable Parental Control
- Click the Basic link in the left hand column. The Parental Control Basic Setup page appears.
- Parental Control Activation - Checkmark Enable Parental Control box.
- Click the Apply button to save changes.