The SBG6580 Quick Start Wizard is a six-step application that helps customize the most common Wi-Fi settings on the gateway. This allows to configure the SSID and Wi-Fi security key for the Primary wireless network using WPA2-PSK encryption. This document describes how to run the Quick Start Wizard.
To Run the Quick Start Wizard
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page appears.
NOTE: By default the LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1. If the default address has been changed, enter the custom address in the address box.
- On the Login page:
a. Enter admin in the Username field.
b. Enter motorola in the Password field.
c. Click the Login button. The Home page appears.
NOTE: On firmware version 188.8.131.52 and later, the default admin password is required to be changed. The Change User Password prompt will immediately appear after logging into the Web manager with the default admin password. For assistance with the Change User Password screen, please refer to article # 18055 - SBG6580 (v.8.9.x): Prompt to Change Default Admin Login.
- On the Home page, click on Launch Quick Start Wizard. The Welcome page appears.
- On the Welcome page, click the Next button. The Wi-Fi Network Name & Passphrase page appears.
- On the Wi-Fi Network Name & Passphrase page:
a. Network Name (SSID) - Enter the desired network name of choice, or leave at the current setting.
b. Passphrase / Wi-Fi Security Key - Enter the desired WPA key (wireless password) to use. The WPA key must be 8 - 63 characters.
c. Click the Next button. The Security Configuration page appears.
- On the Security Configuration page, click the Next button. The Wi-Fi Band Selection page appears.
- On the Wi-Fi Band Selection page:
a. Select the desired Band.
b. Click the Next button. The Review Setting page appears.
- On the Review Settings page, verify that the information is correct. The SSID of the gateway and Wi-Fi Security key is listed.
- Click the Apply button. The Settings Applied page appears.
- On the Setting Applied page, click the Exit button.
The SBG6580 is now configured to allow wireless client connections using WPA2-PSK encryption.
To make a connection, the wireless client must have WPA2-PSK encryption enabled and have the same WPA encryption key as the Motorola Wireless Gateway. For assistance with the wireless client,