When subscribing to Internet services from a cable provider, it may be required to provide the cable provider with the MAC address of the SBG6782 in order to have Internet access. The MAC address of the SBG6782 is located on the bottom panel, and also located within the GUI (Graphical User Interface) of the SBG6782. The HFC MAC ID is also known as the CMAC Address. This document describes how to locate the MAC address of the SBG6782.
To locate the MAC Address on the bottom panel
The MAC address is printed on the bar code label marked HFC MAC ID on the bottom of the SBG6782.
Record it here:
______ : ______ : ______ : ______ : ______ : ______
To locate the MAC Address within the GUI
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin or a customized username in the Username field.
- Enter motorola or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE 1: On later versions of the SBG6782-AC, the Wi-Fi Security Key is used as the default admin password printed on the bottom while label. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18755 – SBG6782-AC: Web Manager Access.
NOTE 2: For units that have been leased or purchased by Shaw Communications, the username is cusadmin, and the password is the Customer S/N (Serial Number), located on a white sticker on the bottom of the unit.
NOTE 3: If the unit has been leased or purchased by Time Warner Cable, and the admin username and motorola password does not allow access to the GUI, please contact Time Warner for assistance.
- Click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
- Move the mouse-cursor over the Status tab and select the Product Information sub-link. The Status - Product Information page will appear.
- On the Status - Product Information page, the MAC address of the SBG6782 is listed as the Cable Modem MAC Address.