Domain Name Server (DNS) is a server that provides responses to queries against a directory service. This service translates domain names into IP addresses. This document describes how to setup custom DNS addresses in the SBG6900-AC.
CAUTION: By default Get DNS automatically from ISP is automatically selected, Internet connection maybe lost if other entries are not legitimate and inputted in Use these DNS Servers.
To Configure DNS Setup
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page appears.
NOTE: By default the LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1. If the default address has been changed, enter the custom address in the address box.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The Home page appears.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Basic on the top menu, and click the Setup link from the drop-down submenu. The Basic - Setup page appears.
Requirement: You must have a alternative Primary and Secondary DNS entry.
- On the Basic-Setup page under the Wide Area Network (WAN) Connection Settings, select Use these DNS Servers.
- Primary DNS - Enter the alternative primary DNS address.
- Secondary DNS - Enter the alternative secondary DNS address.
- Click the Apply button. The SBG6900-AC will restart.