When using a VoIP phone with the SBG6900-AC, the SIP Passthrough option in the SBG6900-AC may need to be enabled in order for that phone to have full functionality. In other situations, it may be recommended by the VoIP phone manufacturer to disable SIP Passthrough. By default, SIP Passthrough is enabled. This document describes how to enable and SIP Passthrough in the SBG6900-AC.
NOTE: If it is not known if SIP Passthrough should be enabled or disabled, please contact the VoIP phone manufacturer.
To Enable SIP Passthrough
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page appears.
NOTE: By default the LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1. If the default address has been changed, enter the custom address in the address box.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The Home page appears.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Advanced on the top menu, and click the Options link from the drop-down submenu. The Advanced - Options page appears.
- On the Advanced Options page, under the NAT ALG Status section for SIP - Check Enable.
- Click the Apply button.