UPnP™ (Universal Plug and Play) is a set of protocols that allows a PC to automatically discover other UPnP devices (anything from an Internet gateway device to a light switch), retrieve an XML description of the device and its services, control the device, and subscribe to real-time event notification.
PCs using UPnP can retrieve the Gateway's WAN IP address, and automatically create NAT port maps. This means that applications that support UPnP, and are used with UPnP enabled ARRIS Gateway, will not need application layer gateway support on the ARRIS Gateway to work through NAT. This is an ideal setup if the applications or services require UPnP. This document describes how to enable UPnP.
To Enable UPnP
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page appears.
NOTE: By default the LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1. If the default address has been changed, enter the custom address in the address box.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The Home page appears.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Advanced on the top menu, and click the Options link from the drop-down submenu. The Advanced - Options page appears.
- On the Advanced Options page, check the UPnP Enable option.
- Click the Apply button.