In order to connect to a VPN from a VPN client that's connected to the SBG6900-AC, VPN traffic will need to be allowed to pass through the SBG6900-AC in order to establish the VPN connection. By default, VPN passthrough is enabled. This document describes how to allow PPTP VPN or IPsec VPN traffic to pass through the SBG6900-AC to a VPN client.
To Enable VPN Passthrough
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page appears.
NOTE: By default the LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1. If the default address has been changed, enter the custom address in the address box.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The Home page appears.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Advanced on the top menu, and click the Options link from the drop-down submenu. The Advanced - Options page appears.
- On the Advanced - Options page, for a PPTP VPN, check the PPTP Pass-through and PPTP options (shown below in green).
- For an IPsec VPN, check the IPsec Pass-through and IKE options (shown below in red).
- Click the Apply button. The SBG6900-AC has now been configured to pass VPN traffic to a VPN client.
NOTE: A restart is not required for these settings to take effect.