The SBG7400AC2 gateway is integrated with McAfee® Secure Home Internet (SHI). The Parental Controls features in the SBG7400AC2 Web Manager are disabled and grayed out. ARRIS recommends using the McAfee® Secure Home Internet (SHI) app for Parental Controls functions. The McAfee® SHI mobile app for Android is available on the Google Play Store and for the iOS on the App Store at no charge. This document describes how to verify the Parental Controls feature.
Verify Parental Controls Feature
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field then click the Apply button. The Alert!! window will appear.
- The Alert!! window includes information about the Parental Control via the Secure Home Internet Service mobile app available on the Google Play Store (Android) and App Store (iOS), and option to change the Web Manager login password. Select the following options to manage the alert window.
- Check the Do not show this window again box and click the Close button to stop the alert window from appearing during the next login.
- Click the Close button to bypass the alert window. The alert window will appear during the next login.
- On the System Basic Setup page, click the Firewall link on the top menu. The Firewall Settings page will appear.
- On the Firewall Settings page, click the Parental Controls link on the left-hand menu. A prompt will appear "ARRIS recommends using the McAfee® Secure Home Internet (SHI) for Parental Control function", click the OK button. The Parental Controls page will appear.
- On the Parental Controls page, all the features are disabled and grayed out.