The SBG7580-AC includes various tools that are used for troubleshooting IP connectivity issues. The ping tool is used to check connectivity from the SBG7580-AC to another device on the Internet or the LAN (Local Area Network). Using the ping feature, the SBG7580-AC sends a small packet of data to a device, and waits for a reply from that device. If the device replies, this confirms that the SBG7580-AC and that device are connected and able to communicate with each other. This document describes how to use the ping tool.Ping Tool
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field.
- Click the Apply button. The System Basic Setup page will appear.
- On the System Basic Setup page, click the Utilities link on the top menu. The System Information page will appear.
- On the System Information page, click the Ping link on the left-hand menu. The Ping page will appear.
- On the Ping page, enter the IP address of the device to ping into the Ping Target field.
- Leave the Ping Size field at default 64, the size of the data packet to be used for each ping attempt.
- Leave the No. of Pings field at default 3, the number of ping attempts the SBG7580-AC will send to the device.
- Leave the Ping Interval field at default 100, the time for the SBG7580-AC to wait (in milliseconds) before sending each ping attempt.
- Click the Start Test button. The Results are populate in the box.
NOTE: Click the Stop Test button to stop the test early. To clear the results click the Clear Results button.