The SBG7580-AC default Wi-Fi credentials, wireless name and security password, are listed on a sticker on the bottom of the device. The wireless name, also known as SSID (Service Set Identification), is a uniquely identified wireless network. The preshared key, also known as the wireless security key, encryption key or passphrase, allows wireless clients, such as smart phones and laptops, to join the secured wireless network. If the Wi-Fi Name and password are changed, they can be retrieved by logging into the Web Manager of the SBG7580-AC.
This document contains the following sections:
Wi-Fi Name and Password on the SBG7580-AC
Wi-Fi Name and Password in the Web Manager
- Turn the gateway over with the bottom facing up.
- Locate the Wi-Fi name next to Network Name (SSID) and the Wi-Fi password next to Pre-shared Key.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The System Basic Setup page will appear.
- On the System Basic Setup page, locate the Wi-Fi Name next to Wireless Network Name (SSID) and the Wi-Fi password next to Pre-Shared Key for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi band.
NOTE: It is recommended to write down the Wi-Fi information on a piece of paper for future reference.