The SBG8300 can be linked with any Amazon Echo device to help manage and configure the Home Network using voice commands. The ARRIS SURFboard® Manager app and the Amazon Alexa mobile app or desktop platform must be installed to link the skill set. This document contains the following sections:
Activate the SBG8300 For first time installation of the SBG8300 in a home network, following the installation steps in the article # 17912 - SBG8300: Installation Setup to install and activate the SBG8300.Create Account with the ARRIS SURFboard® Manager appDownload the ARRIS SURFboard Manager mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store at no charge. Launch the ARRIS SURFboard Manager mobile app and follow the prompts to configure the SBG8300 Wi-Fi network. For assistance with First Time Connection Setup refer to articles:
Enable Amazon Alexa Skill
- Mobile Device
- ARRIS SURFboard® Manager app
- Amazon Alexa device
- Amazon Alexa account
- Amazon Alexa mobile app or Web browser platform
- Active Internet Service on the SBG8300 Gateway
SURFboard Commands that can be used with Amazon Alexa devices:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on the mobile device.
- Tap the Menu bar on the top left corner of the screen.
- From the menu list, tap on Skills & Games.
- Tap the search icon on the top-right corner.
- Type ARRIS in the Keyword or skill name field (Case sensitivity is not important). The arris word will auto-populate, tap on the word arris.
NOTE: Other keywords that can be used to search for the skill: SURFboard and Wi-Fi Management.
- Tap on the SURFboard® Home Wi-Fi Management result to select the skill.
- Tap the Enable to Use button to link the account.
- Enter the ARRIS account email address used when setting up the ARRIS SURFboard Manager app with the SBG8300 in the Email field.
- Enter the ARRIS account password used when setting up the ARRIS SURFboard Manager app with the SBG8300 in the Password field.
- Click the Sign in button to link the account.
- The skill is successfully linked as highlighted in the green box, then tap the Done link on the top-left.
Alexa, Ask SURFboard for Help
Alexa, Ask SURFboard for my Guest Wi-Fi password
Alexa, Ask SURFboard to enable my Guest Wi-Fi network
Alexa, Ask SURFboard to disable my Guest Wi-Fi network
Alexa, Ask SURFboard to check my Wi-Fi network
Alexa, Ask SURFboard to restart my gateway