The firmware version of the SBG8300 is located in the Web Manager. Some features may vary depending on the firmware version on the SBG8300. This document describes how to locate the firmware version in the Web Manager.
Firmware updates on cable modems are handled only by Cable Operators (MSOs) per DOCSIS Specifications. For more information refer to article # 5524 - Upgrading Firmware on Cable Devices. Locate the Firmware Version in the Web Manager
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Gateway > Login page will appear.
NOTE: The Home Network Wizard will appear if this is the first time accessing the Web Manager. For assistance with the wizard, refer to article # 17969 - SBG8300: Web Manager First Time Login.
- Enter admin in the Username field and enter the custom password in the Password field.
NOTE: If the Login page prompts for email address and password. Log into the Web Manager with the email and password used when setting up the SURFboard Manager app with the SBG8300.
- Click the Login button. The Gateway > Summary page will appear.
- On the left-hand menu, click the Software link. The Gateway > Software page will appear.
- Under the System Software Version section, check the Firmware Version.