In some cases, the SBR-AC1200P may need to be reset to its factory default state and clear all of the previous settings. If the login for the Web Manager is unsuccessful, the only option is to perform a factory reset. The Factory reset can be performed by pressing the reset button or in the Web Manager. This document describes how to reset the SBR-AC1200P to factory default by pressing the reset button or in the Web Manager.
CAUTION: This process will clear all configurations and should be use as the last resort. Performing a Factory Reset will erase any configuration changes that have been made and requires the gateway to be reconfigured for Internet access.
Factory Reset With The Reset Button
- Carefully insert the tip of a pen or an unwound paperclip into the Reset button.
- Press and hold down the Reset button for more than 10 seconds and then release it.
Factory Reset in the Web Manager
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field.
- Click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Status on the main menu, and click the Security link on the sub-menu. The Status - Security page will appear.
- On the Status - Security page, click Yes, under Restore Factory Defaults.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the OK button on the Warning pop-up message to proceed.
- Click the OK button on the second pop-up message. The factory to default setting can take up to 120 seconds.
- When the progress reaches 100%, the SBR-AC1200P will reset to the factory default settings.
WARNING: Do not turn off the power when the reset is in progress.
- Click the OK button to re-connect after the progress completed. The browser will refresh to the Web Manager login page.