When installing the SBV3202 for the first time, it is required to activate the Modem for Internet access. This document contains the following sections:
Prior to Installation
- Check that the following items were included with the SBV3202 Modem.
- Power Cord
- Ethernet Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Software License & Warranty Card
- Support Information Card
- Establish cable service with Comcast by contacting 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489).
- Locate the required information to activate XFINITY Internet service.
- Comcast Account Number
- Phone Number
NOTE: The Comcast account number can be found on the billing statement, the Comcast app or the work order for the service. Comcast account login credentials if it's previously created.
- Connect the coaxial cable (not included) from the cable wall outlet or RF splitter to the Cable connector on the rear of the SBV3202. Tighten the connector by hand.
- Connect a telephone cable to the TEL LINE port on the phone and to the TEL1 port on the rear of the SBV3202.
NOTE: Contact Xfinity Consumer Support to activate the VoIP service.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the rear of the SBV3202 and the Ethernet port on the Wi-Fi router, PC, or laptop.
- Connect the power cord to the Power port of the rear of the SBV3202, then plug it into an electrical wall outlet that is not controlled by a wall switch.
NOTE: The SBV3202 automatically powers ON when the power cord is connected.
- Check the front panel LEDs on the SBV3202. After a brief pause the Online, US/DS, and Power LEDs should light up SOLID blue.
|LED Icon||On (Solid Blue)|
|Battery is properly connected (dependent on voice service)|
|Telephone service for Line 1 is connected|
|Telephone service for Line 2 is connected|
|Cable modem is connected to the network|
|Upstream (send data) and Downstream (receive data) channels are connected|
|AC power is properly connected to the cable modem|
- The Modem is activated when the Online LED is solid blue.
NOTE: If activation is unsuccessful, contact Xfinity customer support for further assistance and provide the following information:
- Modem Manufacturer
- Model Number
- Serial Number
- HFC MAC ID
- MTA MAC (applicable for voice service)
- Launch a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari. Enter register.xfinity.com and press the Enter key to access the XFINITY Activation page.
- On the Welcome to XFINITY Activation page, click the Continue button.
- On the First, we need to authenticate your account page, enter the Comcast Account Number in the Account number field.
- Enter the phone number associated with the Comcast account in the Phone number field, then click the Continue button.
NOTE: The Continue button changes to "Please Wait" while it directs to the next page.
- On the Set Up your username and password page, enter a username in the Username field.
NOTE: If a previous account was created, click the Sign in with your existing username link to proceed with the activation steps.
- Enter a password in the Password field and re-enter the password in the Confirm password field.
- Click the Choose security question drop-down menu to select a security question.
- Enter an answer for the security question selected in the Answer security question field, then click the Continue button.
- On the Your account has been created page, review the username and email address, then click the Continue button.
- On the Connection established! You're almost done page, if desired to optimized the experience with XFINITY.com as the browser Home Page, check mark the box. Otherwise click the Continue button.
- The Your device is activated page will appear. The SBV3202 will restart and may take up to 15 minutes to complete the boot-up sequence and connect to the Internet.