The SBV3202 includes a battery back-up feature for XFINITY Voice service subscribers. The battery is optional and can be purchased at shop.surfboard.com. The battery back-up will allow the voice service to function in case of a power outage, but is not intended to replace the AC power for an extended period of time. The available talk time can last up to 5 hours or provide 8 hours in standby time.
The battery back-up status can be verified by accessing the SBV3202 Web Manager. The battery back-up will perform an initial test charge when a battery is installed. The Battery Operational Status will display BATTERY REPLACE when the installed battery back-up needs to be replaced. TELEMETRY NORMAL is displayed when the battery back-up is functioning. This document describes the step to determine if the battery back-up needs replacement.Determine if the Battery Back-up Needs Replacement
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Status page will appear.
NOTE: Firmware version 9.1.103AA65L and later includes a new feature of Web Manager login using custom credentials. For assistance with Web Manager login, refer to article # 17705 – SBV3202 Web Manager Access.
- Click the CM State link on the main menu. The Registration Status page will appear.
- On the Registration Status page, if BATTERY REPLACE appears in the Battery Operation Status field, replace the back-up battery. Refer to the table below for additional Status and States. The expected status and state for a functioning battery back-up are:
NOTE: It may take up to 12 hours for the battery to reach a full charge.
- Battery Operation Status: TELEMETRY NORMAL
- Battery Test State: Not Currently Under Battery Test
|Battery Operation Status:||Battery Test State:|
|MISSING BATTERY||Not Currently Under Battery Test|
|TELEMETRY NORMAL||Under Test - Initial Charge |
Not Currently Under Battery Test
|BATTERY REPLACE||Not Currently Under Battery Test|
NOTE: The Battery Part Number is the Product ID on the label of the battery back-up. For a complete list of supported battery back-up, refer to article # 17670 - SBV3202: Supported Battery Back-up Models.