The ARRIS SURFboard® Manager is an easy to use app that makes configuring the Alexa enabled gateway quick and easy. Scan the QR code on the bottom of the Alexa enabled gateway with the ARRIS SURFboard Manager app to automatically connect the mobile device. It is required to register an ARRIS account with an email address and password when setting up the ARRIS SURFboard Manager app with an Alexa enabled gateway. With just a few installation steps the home network settings can be customized. This document describes how to setup the ARRIS SURFboard® Manager app using an Alexa enabled gateway.
The ARRIS SURFboard Manager mobile app for iOS is available on the App Store at no charge.
NOTE: When accessing the Web Manager after the ARRIS SURFboard® Manager app setup, the Login page will ask for an email address and password. Enter the registered email address and password to log in.
For assistance on setup for SURFboard W-Fi products, refer to article # 17484 - SURFboard Manager (iOS): First Time Connection Setup.
- Active Cable Internet Service
- SBG8300 or other ARRIS Alexa enabled device
- The ARRIS SURFboard® Manager app downloaded onto mobile device.
- In order to connect the mobile device using the QR code, the Alexa enabled Gateway must be using the default Wi-Fi name and security password.
SURFboard® Manager app Setup
- Tap the SURFboard icon. The Terms and Services screen will appear.
- Review the Terms and Services, then tap the I understand and agree button. The Welcome to the ARRIS SURFboard Manager screen will appear.
- Tap the Setup my Wireless Gateway Device button. The Begin set-up by plugging in your device screen will appear.
- Tap the OK, continue button. The Connect the Cable screen will appear.
- Tap the OK, continue button. The Scan the QR code on your device screen will appear.
- Tap the Scan QR Code or Skip and set-up manually button (Scan QR Code was selected in this example).
NOTE: When the Skip and set-up manually button is pressed, the SSID and Wi-Fi password needs to be entered manually.
- Scan the QR code located on the bottom of the Alexa enabled gateway. The Select Wi-Fi Network screen will appear.
- The Select network and Password fields will be auto-populated. Tap the Continue button. The SURFboard pop-up box will appear.
- Click the Join button to connect to the SBG8300 Wi-Fi network. The Connecting to Wireless Gateway screen will appear.
- The mobile device has successfully connected to the Alexa enabled Gateway Wi-Fi network. Tap the Continue button. The Security Check screen will appear.
- Enter the distorted text in the field, then click the Continue button. The Your ARRIS Account screen will appear.
- Enter an email address to be used for the ARRIS account in the Email field, then tap the Continue button. The Account Registration screen will appear.
- Enter the First Name in the First Name field and enter the Last Name in the Last Name field.
- Enter a password in the Password field and re-enter the password in the Re-Type Password field.
- Tap the Create Account button. The Code Is On Its Way screen will appear.
- A confirmation code will be sent to the email address used. Check the email and enter the confirmation code in the box.
NOTE: Tap the Resend the code link to resend the confirmation code email if not received.
- Tap the Confirm button. The SURFboard pop-up box will appear.
- Click the OK button. The Log into your Wireless Gateway screen will appear.
- The Email and Password fields are pre-populated. Check the box for Please remember credentials for future access and tap the Log in button. The Select your time zone screen will appear.
- Tap the Time Zone link. The Time Zone screen will appear.
- Select the current time zone, then tap Done button. The Select your time zone screen will return.
- Tap the Continue button. The SURFboard home screen will appear.
- The SURFboard home screen displays the Internet, Wi-Fi, and Devices status. In addition to the Alexa enabled gateway's Wi-Fi network information.