The SVG2482AC includes a battery back-up feature for XFINITY Voice service subscribers. The battery is optional and can be purchased at shop.surfboard.com. The battery back-up will allow the voice service to function in case of a power outage, but is not intended to replace the AC power for an extended period of time. The available talk time can last up to 5 hours or provide 8 hours in standby time.
The SVG2482AC includes the ability to verify the battery back-up status by accessing the Web Management Interface. The battery back-up status will appear as REPLACE when the current replacement battery back-up needs to be replaced. This document describes the step to determine if the battery back-up needs replacement.
To Determine if the Battery Back-up Needs for Replacement
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://10.0.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field then click the Login button. The Gateway > At a Glance page will appear.
NOTE: A prompt to change the password appears when the SVG2482AC is using the default password. To change the password click the OK button or click the Cancel button to bypass it.
- On the left-hand menu, click on Hardware then click on Battery. The Hardware > Battery page appears.
- On the Hardware > Battery page, if AC FAIL BATTERY LOW REPLACE, AC FAIL BATTERY REPLACE, or BATTERY REPLACE appears in the Battery Condition field, replace the back-up battery.
NOTE: It may take up to 12 hours for the battery to reach a full charge.