If phone connection issues with the SVG2482AC arise, troubleshooting may resolve the issue, or may provide insight as to what is causing the issue. This document provides helpful information for troubleshooting phone connection issues with the SVG2482AC.
The following troubleshooting steps are to be followed in sequence:
No Telephony Service
No Dial Tone
- If telephony service has not been activated yet, please call 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489) to setup an account that includes telephony service.
NOTE 1: If the current Comcast/XFINITY service is being migrated from a existing device, the current phone service and phone number will be transferred when the installation of the SVG2482AC is completed.
NOTE 2: The SVG2482AC has battery back-up capability for Telephony back-up only. Battery operation is optional and are not included with the SVG2482AC. Batteries are available for order online from ww.SURFboard.com.
Not Receiving Calls
- Make sure all phones are on the hook and all cordless phone batteries are charged.
- Try to plug a working corded phone into different jacks to find out if the problem is isolated to one phone or one jack.
- If the Tel 1 LED is off, contact Comcast/Xfinity to activate the line or troubleshoot the phone service.
- Check the ringer on the phone to make sure it is turned on.
- If the phone rings a half ring on incoming calls, Call Forwarding may be activated.