UPnP™ (Universal Plug and Play) is a set of protocols that allows a device to automatically discover other UPnP devices (anything from an Internet gateway device to a light switch), retrieve an XML description of the device and its services, control the device, and subscribe to real-time event notification.
UPnP-enabled devices (such as PCs or gaming consoles) can retrieve the router's WAN IP address, and automatically create NAT port maps. Port forwarding or DMZ setup on the SVG2482AC may not be needed. This is an ideal setup if the applications or services require UPnP. UPnP is enabled by default on the SVG2482AC. This document describes how to enable UPnP.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://10.0.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field then click the Login button. The Gateway > At a Glance page will appear.
NOTE: A prompt to change the password appears when the SVG2482AC is using the default password. To change the password click the OK button or click the Cancel button to bypass it.
- On the left-hand menu, click the Advanced link. The Advanced > Port Forwarding page will appear.
- Click the Device Discovery sub-menu link. The Advanced > Device Discovery page will appear.
- Click the Enabled button for the UPnP option.
- Click the Save button.