The default Wi-Fi name and password are printed on a label located on the side panel and the custom Wi-Fi name and password are located in the Web Manager of the SVG2472AC. The custom Wi-Fi name and password can be recovered with a client device connected to the home network. If there are no available devices currently connected to the home network, connect the client device directly with an Ethernet cable or use the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) push-button method in order to access the Web Manager to retrieve the customized Wi-fi credentials. This document contains the steps on retrieving the Wi-Fi name and password in the SVG2482AC.First Time Installation
Connect a Wi-Fi client to the default Wi-Fi name and password, which are printed on a label located on side panel of the SVG2482AC. For first time installation of the SVG2482AC in a home network, follow the installation steps in the article # 17185 - SVG2482AC: First Time Installation.
SVG2482AC Reverted to Factory DefaultIf the SVG2482AC is reverted back to factory default settings, all previous setting will be cleared. The default Wi-Fi name and password will need to be customized before Internet access.
Retrieve Wi-Fi Password in the Web Manager
- Connect a Wi-Fi client using the default Wi-Fi name and password printed on a label located on the side panel.
- Launch a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari. Enter www.xfinity.com/ in the address bar and press the Enter key to access the XFINITY Welcome page to customize the Wi-Fi credentials. For assistance on customizing the Wi-Fi credentials, click here to proceed.
- Locate a client device that has Internet through the home network. If there are no client devices connected to the home network, connect them via Ethernet cable or WPS to the Wi-Fi network using the WPS connection method.
NOTE 1: The Wi-Fi client must support WPS. For assistance with WPS connection, follow the steps in the article # 17203 - SVG2482AC: WPS PBC Setup.
NOTE 2: If the client device is unable to connect to the SVG2482AC or login to the Web Manager, the SVG2482AC will need to be reset to factory default.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://10.0.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter password in the Password field then click the Login button. The Gateway > At a Glance page will appear.
NOTE: A prompt to change the password appears when the SVG2482AC is using the default password. To change the password click the OK button or click the Cancel button to bypass it.
- On Gateway > At a Glance page, locate the Wi-Fi credentials under the Wi-Fi Configuration section.
- Use the Wi-Fi credentials to connect to the Internet.
If the client devices are unable to login to the Web Manager, resetting the SVG2482AC to the factory default settings should be used as the last resort. This method resets all of the setting to the factory default state, clearing all previous connectivity configurations set by the cable provider and erases all custom configurations setup by the user.
- Carefully insert the tip of a pen or an unwound paperclip into the reset button and press on it.
- Hold down the Reset button for at least 15 seconds and release it. The SVG2482AC will then reboot. Once the Wi-Fi LEDs are flashing the SVG2482AC has finished the reboot process.
NOTE: It may take up to 15 minutes for the SVG2482AC complete the boot-up sequence and connect to the cable provider.
- Connect a client device to the SVG2482AC with an Ethernet cable or connect to the default Wi-Fi network. The Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password are located on the side of the SVG2482AC.
NOTE: It is required to change the default Wi-Fi credentials for Internet access. It is recommended to setup the Wi-Fi name and password previously used for the existing Wi-Fi clients to automatically reconnect.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari. Enter www.xfinity.com/ in the address bar and press the Enter key to access the XFINITY Welcome page.
- On the XFINITY Welcome page, click the Continue button.
- On the Welcome page, click the Let's Get Set Up button. The Create Your Wi-Fi Name and Password page will appear.
- On the Create Your Wi-Fi Name & Password page, enter a new wireless name in the Wi-Fi Name field.
- Enter a new wireless password in the Wi-Fi Password field.
NOTE 1: The system does not accept the default Wi-Fi name and password.
NOTE 2: If desired to setup the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Frequency Band with different Wi-Fi Names and Passwords, click the Show More Settings link. Enter a new wireless name in the Wi-Fi Name field and enter a new wireless password in the Wi-Fi Password field for the 5 GHz Network.
- Click the Next button. The Confirm Wi-Fi Settings page will appear.
- On the Confirm Wi-Fi Settings page, review the Wi-Fi Name and Password. Then click the Next button to proceed.
NOTE: Click the Previous Step link to modify the Wi-Fi Name and Password.
- The Your Wi-Fi is Nearly Complete page, will appear and is configuring the Wi-Fi settings.
- Once the Wi-Fi is configured the Your Wi-Fi is Ready page will appear.
- Reconnect the Wi-Fi client devices using the new Wi-Fi credentials.