The T25 generates a running log of time and events detected during cable modem operation. This information is used by cable Internet service technician to diagnose any problems that may occur with the modem. The System Event Log displays the current status of the cable modem in chronological order. The four types of field descriptions are:
This document describes how to access the System Event Log page in the T25.
- Date/Time - Indicates the date and time the event occurred.
- Event ID - Indicates the event ID.
- Event Level - Indicates the level of importance of the event.
- Description - Provides a brief definition of the event.
Access System Event LogNOTE: If the T25 is connected to a router, it is recommended to disconnect the router and connect the T25 directly to a computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE 1: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
NOTE 2: On firmware prior to version 11.02, the Status page will appear and the admin Login page is unavailable.
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.
- Enter a customized password in the Password field and then click the Login button. The Status page will appear.
NOTE: If this is the first-time access to the Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18100 – T25: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Event Log link on the main menu. The Event Log page will appear.
- The Event Log page will display the events that the T25 has detected.