In some cases the TG862 gateway
may need to be reset to its factory default state, and clear all of the previous settings. The gateway can be reset back to the factory default by pressing the reset switch, or by logging in the web interface
. This document contains the following sections:
This process will clear all configurations and should be use as the last resort. Performing a Factory Reset
will erase any configuration changes that have been made and requires the gateway to be reconfigured for Internet access.
Factory Reset With The Reset Switch
- Carefully insert the tip of a pen or an unwound paperclip into the reset switch and press on to it.
- Hold down the Reset switch for at least 15 seconds and release it.
NOTE: Performing a reset will take the TG862 out of Bridge Mode, if it had been previously enabled. If the TG862 has been reset, and if it is desired to re-enable Bridge Mode, please call 1-800-XFINITY.
Factory Reset in the Web Interface
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://10.0.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page appears.
NOTE: By default the LAN IP address is 10.0.0.1. If the default address has been changed, enter the custom address in the address box.
- On the Login page:
a. Enter admin in the Username field.
b. Enter password in the Password field.
c. Click the Login button. The Gateway > At a Glance page appears.
- On the left-hand menu, click Troubleshooting. A sub-menu appears.
- In the sub-menu, click Restore/Reset Gateway. The Troubleshooting > Reset / Reboot Gateway page appears.
- On the Troubleshooting > Reset / Reboot Gateway page:
a. Click the Restore Factory Settings button.
b. When the message Are you sure you want to Restore manufacturer defaults? appears, click the OK button. The TG862 will then reboot, and will be configured with the default settings once the TG862 is finished rebooting.