If Internet connection issues with the TG862 arise, troubleshooting may resolve the issue, or may provide insight as to what is causing the issue. This document provides helpful information for troubleshooting Internet connection issues with the TG862.
The following troubleshooting steps are to be followed in sequence:
- Check Physical Connection
- Power Reset
- Check LEDs
- Verify that the TG862 power cord is connected from the power port of the TG862 to the power outlet.
- Verify that the coaxial cable is connected from the cable port of the TG862 to the cable outlet
- Verify that the Ethernet cable is connected from the Ethernet port on the TG862 to the Ethernet port on the computer.
- Shutdown the computer.
- Unplug the TG862 from the AC wall outlet and wait one minute.
- Plug the TG862 into the wall outlet.
- Wait until the Power, US/DS, and Online LEDs are solid.
- Restart the computer.
NOTE: This process may take up to 10 minutes.
- Verify the Internet connectivity by checking LED status on the front of the TG862.
- If the Online LED is ON, launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://www.arris.com into the address box to verify Internet connectivity.
- Locate the CM MAC address of the TG862 on the back panel.
NOTE: When subscribing to Internet services from a cable provider, it may be required to provide the cable provider with the CM MAC address of the TG862 in order to have Internet access.
- Activate online http://comcast.com/activate or call 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489).