If phone connection issues with the TG862 arise, troubleshooting may resolve the issue, or may provide insight as to what is causing the issue. This document provides helpful information for troubleshooting phone connection issues with the TG862.
The following troubleshooting steps are to be followed in sequence:
- No Dial Tone
- Not Receiving Calls
- Make sure all phones are on the hook and that cordless phones batteries are charged.
- Try to plug a working corded phone into different jacks to find out if the problem is isolated to one phone or one jack.
- If the Tel1 LED is off, contact the service provider to activate the line or troubleshoot the phone service.
- Check the ringer on the phone to make sure it is turned on.
- If the phone rings a half ring on incoming calls, Call Forwarding may be activated.