The W6B Gaming Kit's first-time installation is plug and play out of the box. The SURFboard Central app can be used for the first-time installation but is not required. The app is available on both App Store and Google Play store at no charge.
The SURFboard Central app provides a step-by-step installation setup and automatically registers the W6B Gaming Kit for warranty. The app provides easy access to product documentation, tech support, and FAQs. This document describes how to set up the W6B with the SURFboard Central app.
- Wi-Fi Router or Wi-Fi cable modem with active Internet service.
- Gaming console with an Ethernet port.
- iPhone or Android mobile device for installation with SURFboard Central app.
First Time Setup
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port of the W6B Main Access Point. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into one of the Wi-Fi Router's LAN Ethernet ports.
- Place the W6B Satellite up to 20 ft. away from the Main Access Point.
- Plug one end of the 2nd Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port of the W6B Satellite. Plug the other end of the 2nd Ethernet cable into the game console's Ethernet port.
- Plug the W6B Main Access Point and Satellite into the power outlet.
- Download the SURFboard Central app from the app store on an Apple or Android mobile device.
- Tap the SURFboard icon then tap the Get Started button.
- Enable Location Services in the SURFboard Central app, this is required to perform first-time setup installation. The steps and screens in iOS may vary from Android OS. For more information on the location services or change the Location Service in the mobile device settings, refer to article # 18476 - mAX Router: Location Services.
For iOS: Tap the Allow While Using the app button and then tap the Continue button.
Allow Once - Location services is enabled during this instance and will be asked again when the app is hard closed and reopened.
Allow While Using the app - Location services is enabled only when the app is in use.
For Android: Tap the Continue button. Tap the Allow button on the access device's location services and access photos, media, and files on your device message prompts. These permission are mandatory to perform first-time setup installation.
- Tap the Gaming Bridge or Network upgrade kit box, then tap the Next button.
- Tap the box for the W6B, then tap the Next button.
- If this is a first-time setup tap the Sign Up button.
NOTE: If the W6B was setup previously, enter the email address that was used to setup the W6B into the Email address field, then tap the Sign In button. Click here to proceed to step 13.
- Enter a new email address into the Email ID field for the SURFboard account.
- Enter a first name in the First Name field and enter a last name in the Last Name field.
- Tap the box for I agree to the Terms and Conditions, then tap the Sign Up button.
- A verification code email will be sent to the email used. Enter the verification code into the blank field.
NOTE: Tap the Resend link to resend the verification code email if not received.
- Once the code is verified, tap the Next button.
- Tap the Scan button to scan the QR code on the bottom of the W6B Main Access Point.
- The application would like to access the camera, tap the OK button.
NOTE: To enter the Serial Number and MAC ID manually tap the Enter Manually link, then click here to proceed.
- Scan the QR code located on the bottom of the W6B Main Access Point with the mobile device.
- The Serial Number and MAC ID of the W6Bs are filled in. Tap the Next button.
NOTE: If the Enter Manually link was tapped previously, enter the Serial Number and MAC ID located on the bottom white sticker, then tap the Next button.
- The W6B is being registered for warranty coverage automatically.
- Tap the Next button.
- The W6B Main Access Point front panel LED is solid blue, tap the Next button.
- The W6B Satellite front panel led is solid blue, tap the Next button.
- You're Good To Go, tap the Done button.
- You are free to game on! Tap the Continue button.
- The Home screen displays the W6B, quick access to Device Details, Specifications, GUI Access, Help, User Guide, and FAQs.