NOTE: This article applies to the mAX WC4T, W21, W30, and the W31 Routers.
When the mobile device is outside of the home network, the SURFboard Central app establishes a secure remote management session to the mAX router to monitor and manage the home network. This document contains the following sections:
If the App is connected to the mAX Router via remote management session and the mobile device is near the mAX router, connect to the mAX Wi-Fi network.
Identify mAX App in Remote Management Session
- mAX Router connected to the Internet.
- Mobile device connected to Cellular or Wi-Fi network.
Check the Home screen and the Sliding Menu to quickly identify the app is remotely connected to the mAX Router.
The App's Behavior with Remote Management Session
- The Cloud icon appears next to the Bell in the Home screen, when the app is remotely connected to the mAX Router.
- The Add a New Satellite is greyed out in the Sliding Menu. This function can only be performed when the app is connected to the mAX Wi-Fi network.
- The app cannot establish remote management session when the mAX router is offline. The following message" Your Internet Service is disconnected" will appear when the mAX router is offline.
- The app remote management session is unavailable. The following message "Remote access to your Network is currently unavailable." may appear when switching from the mAX Wi-Fi network to a hotspot or cellular network. Retry accessing the SURFboard Central app after sometime or power cycle the modem and mAX router to ensure connection to the Internet.
- The Speed Test from the client device to the mAX router is not performed and has a red X. This function can only be performed when the app is connected to the mAX Wi-Fi network.
- The WAN IP Configuration Static section is grayed out and unavailable when using the remote management session. This function can only be performed when the app is connected to the mAX Wi-Fi network.