Setting a static LAN IP address for client devices connected to the mAX network is simple. In certain cases, it is best for a client to receive a particular IP address and always keep that address without having to manually configure it in the client. This can be accomplished by reserving an IP Address to a client's MAC address. When the client disconnects and reconnects to the mAX router, it will receive the IP address that it has been assigned.
It is recommended to setup an IP Address Reservation for clients that are configured to use Port Forwarding. This document describes how to reserve an IP address for a client connected to the mAX network.LAN IP Reservation
- Gather the client device's MAC Address from the Device Details - Advanced section.
- Tap the Menu bar button in the top left corner, then tap the Network Settings link.
- The screen below is displayed with the Home Network SSID information, tap the Advanced link.
- From the Advanced Network Settings screen, tap the LAN IP Reservation link.
- Tap the '+' button to add a LAN IP for a specific client device.
- Enter the desired LAN IP address for the client in the IP Address field. Then enter the client's Wi-Fi MAC address in the MAC Address field. Click the Save changes button.
NOTE: The LAN IP address must fall between the ranges of 192.168.7.2 - 192.168.7.99, otherwise the changes cannot be applied.
- All the configured LAN IP reservations will be shown on a list.