The SBG6700-AC Quick Start Wizard is a six-step application that helps customize the most common Wi-Fi settings on the gateway. This allows to configure the SSID and Wi-Fi security key for the Primary wireless network using WPA2-PSK encryption. This document describes how to run the Quick Start Wizard.
To Run the Quick Start Wizard
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear.
NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.
- On the Login page, enter admin or a customized username in the Username field.
- Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.
NOTE: On later versions of the SBG6700-AC, the Wi-Fi Security Key is used as the default admin password printed on the bottom while label. For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18754 – SBG6700-AC: Web Manager Access.
- Click the Login button. The Home page will appear.
- On the Home page, click on Launch Quick Start Wizard. The Welcome page will appear.
- On the Welcome page, click the Next button. The Wi-Fi Network Name & Passphrase page will appear.
- On the Wi-Fi Network Name & Passphrase page:
a. Network Name (SSID) - Enter the desired network name of choice, or leave at the current setting.
b. Passphrase / Wi-Fi Security Key - Enter the desired WPA key (wireless password) to use. The WPA key must be 8 - 63 characters.
c. Click the Next button. The 2.4GHz and 5GHz Networks page appears.
- On the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Networks page, click the Next button. The Security Configuration page appears.
- On the Security Configuration page, click the Next button. The Review Setting page appears.
- On the Review Settings page, verify that the information is correct. The SSID of the gateway and Wi-Fi Security Passphrase is listed.
- Click the Apply button. The Settings Applied page appears.
- On the Setting Applied page, click the Exit button.
The SBG6700-AC is now configured to allow wireless client connections using WPA2-PSK encryption.
To make a connection, the wireless client must have WPA2-PSK encryption enabled and have the same WPA encryption key as the Motorola/ARRIS Wireless Gateway. For assistance with the wireless client,